Based in Snowdon the Adventure capital of the UK or the delightful rolling fells of the Lake District, Summer Autonomy is run over two days and aims to give you the foundation of core skills to help you become more autonomous in the UK mountain environment in summer conditions. The techniques and skills will be delivered over two mountain journeys and as you progress your input will be applied to the decisions we make along our journey.
Summer Autonomy is a non residential course, we aim to meet on the first morning at 09.00 and aim to be down of the mountain by 5.00, but could be a little later if were all having fun!!!
- Weather: obtaining reports, implications on the group, applying to route
- Route Planning: aims of the group
- Equipment: Essential Kit, Emergency Kit
- Basic Navigation Techniques: Map & Compass, handrails, contour interpretation, Pacing & Timing
- Movement Skills: Footwork techniques on Ascent & Descent, steep ground
- Emergency: Calling for help and managing the group
1-2 clients £260.00
3-4 clients £360.00
Contact the ClimbAxe office via email or Call for dates and availability. Course details and kit list will be sent upon booking.
Book your place or make an enquiry…