Moving through the mountains with everything you need to be self sufficient in your pack is a wonderful experience, whether its the Tour de Mont Blanc, Volcanic landscape of Iceland or multi day Scottish adventures. Being able to strike camp, have a good meal and rest under the stars is one thing we at ClimbAxe Mountaineering never get tired of.
Summer Expedition aims to give you the foundation skills required to wild camp confidently and responsibly and to be able to build on them for your future adventures. Summer Expedition is based over a two day one night mountain journey in the Snowdonia National Park, during this period the skills and techniques are delivered in an informal, informative and fun way and maybe the odd game of cards or spooky ghost story thrown in!!
- Weather: obtaining reports, implications on the group, applying to a route
- Equipment: Variations of Kit, correct packing, what do I need?
- Selecting a Camp: Location, water source, code and conduct, Countryside rules and regulations
- Safe Water Practice: Health Implications, Collection, Purification and method
- Cooking and Nutrition: Stoves and there fuel types, meal choice, food hygiene
- Sanitation and Hygiene: Group management, personal hygiene and wellbeing
2 Clients minimum £280.00
3-4 Clients £380.00
Contact the ClimbAxe office via email or Call for dates and availability. Course details and kit list will be sent upon booking. ClimbAxe Mountaineering provides all Tents, Sleeping Mats, Stoves, Fuel, Food at Camp (dehydrated, wet) and water purification for the duration of Summer Expedition courses
*** Summer Expedition course requires a good level of fitness as you will be in a remote mountain area for 2 days and one night, walking during the day for a minimum of 5 hours with a 10kg pack and still be able to operate at a good level during camp ***
Book your place or make an enquiry…